Summer Program: May 30 - July 29, 2022 (tentative)
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute will be hosting a 2022 summer internship program. At this time we cannot guarantee that it will be an in person internship given the pandemic. However, we did offer a successful virtual program in Summer 2020 and 2021 and if need be, we will offer a remote program in Summer 2022. PNI's program is for highly motivated visiting undergraduates who are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in neuroscience or a related field. PNI provides education and hands-on research experience and participants collaborate closely with students and faculty at PNI on original research projects and gain invaluable first-hand experience on what it is like to be a neuroscientist.
Summer interns participate in group educational activities, including:
- Weekly foundational overview lectures from PNI faculty
- Summer courses in Python and Matlab
- Lab meetings with the researchers with whom they will work
- Journal club reading groups
- Special forums on topics such as career advice and graduate school application preparation
- End-of-summer poster session
The Summer Internship Program offers:
- Competitive stipend
- Travel costs to and from Princeton
- Housing on campus
- Meal plan
- Travel costs to attend the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting
Who Should Apply?
- Current undergraduates who have a strong passion for scientific research and are seriously considering graduate studies in neuroscience.
- Future researchers whose participation will add to the diversity of researchers in the sciences, or who are from institutions that do not have large research programs.
- Visiting student applicants must be current undergraduates who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.