Research: Optimal control of disease processes
Areas of Research: robust control, robotics, and intelligent systems.
D202C Engineering Quad
Robert Stengel is a Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and Director of the Program in Robotics and Intelligent Systems. His current research focuses on robust control, robotics, and intelligent systems.
- Book Review: Morphing Aerospace Vehicles and Structures, J. Valasek, ed., Journal of Guidance, Dynamics, and Control, Vol. 36, No. 5, Sep-Oct 2013, pp. 1562-1563.
- Dynamics of a Cytokine Storm, PLOS ONE, Vol. 7, No. 10, e45027, Oct 2012, pp. 1-15 (with H. Yiu and A. Graham).
- The Signatures of Autozygosity Among Patients with Colorectal Cancer (pdf), Cancer Research, Vol. 68, No. 8, Apr 15, 2008, pp. 2610-2621 (with M. Bacolod, G. Schemmann, S. Wang, R. Shattock, S. Giardina, Z. Zeng, J. Shia, N. Gerry, J. Hoh, T. Kirchoff, B. Gold, M. Christman, K. Offit, W. Gerald, D. Notterman, J. Ott, P. Paty, and F. Barany).
- Mutation and Control of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Mathematical Biosciences, Vol. 213, No. 2, June 2008, pp. 93-102.
- Relationship of Gene Expression and Chromosomal Abnormalities in Colorectal Cancer (pdf), Cancer Research, Vol. 66, No. 4, 2006, pp. 2129-2137 (with D. Tsafrir, M. Bacalod, Z. Selvanayagam, I. Tsafrir, J. Shia, Z. Zeng, H. Liu, C. Krier, F. Barany, W. Gerald, P. Paty, E. Domany, and D. Notterman).
- Probabilistic Control of Nonlinear Uncertain Dynamic Systems (pdf), in Probabilistic and Randomized Methods for Design under Uncertainty, G. Calafiore and F. Dabbene, ed., Springer, New York, 2006, pp. 381-414 (with Q. Wang).
- Robust Nonlinear Flight Control of a High-Performance Aircraft (pdf), IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, Vol. 13, No. 1, Jan 2005, pp. 15-26 (with Q. Wang).
View Complete Publications list.